Movie ratings provide parents with advance information about the content of films, so they can determine what movies are appropriate for their young children to see. Movie ratings do not determine whether a film is "good" or "bad." They simply provide basic information to parents about the level of various elements in the film, such as sex, violence and language so that parents can decide what their children can and cannot see. By providing clear, concise information, movie ratings provide timely, relevant information to parents, and they help protect the freedom of expression of filmmakers and this dynamic American art form.
Who decides the ratings? Parents.
Ratings are assigned by an independent board of parents with no past affiliation to the movie business. Their job is to rate each film as they believe a majority of American parents would rate it, considering relevant themes and content.
All Coming Attractions Theatres, Inc. locations adhere to the standardized Motion Picture Association of American rating system.
- G: General Audiences – all ages admitted.
- PG: Parental Guidance Suggested – some material may not be suitable for children.
- PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned – some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
- R: Restricted – under 17 requires accompanying parent or legal guardian for ticket purchase.
- All Coming Attractions Theatres, Inc. locations enforce the R rating.
- Persons under 17 must be accompanied to the box office and to the theatre at the time of the showing by a parent or legal guardian. ID is required.
- Underage persons caught in R-rated features will be asked to leave the complex. No refunds will be given.